Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Self-evaluation of Presentation

                After viewing my video, I noticed some good and not so good things about my presentation.  My presentation was on jet skiing because it is something I thoroughly enjoy doing. It was really easy to talk about jet skiing because I am so familiar with it but it may have been difficult for some people to grasp the ideas, especially they couldn’t try it themselves while I was explaining it. I thought I gave a good overview of what you need to know before and during jet skiing; especially points about safety and how to run the machine. Also, I thought I included some fun activities that are easy enough to do on your own when you’re out on the water.
                Besides the outline of the presentation, I noticed some things in my verbal presentation. I seemed to repeat the word, “um” quite often. I didn’t notice this at all while I was presenting, so that is definitely something I need to work on in the future. I think the speed of my presentation went well, along with the tone. There were a few technical difficulties that created pauses in my presentation that I would rather not happen next time. Mainly it was just clicker problems and issues with me not being able to use a Mac.
                Overall, I think the presentation went well. I liked how relaxed the presentations were and how we were able to talk about things we enjoy in our leisure time opposed to topics we would have to research in order to present. This was one of the more enjoyable presentations I have given.
link for photo: http://media.photobucket.com/image/jet+ski/gaby_05cruz/jet-ski.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment